Sunday, September 07, 2008

going on hiatus

So much to say...but so little to type. I think about my blog from time to time these days. Not all the time, not even very often, actually. You probably picked up on that.

There's quite a bit going on with settling our life in our new location, and it's much more involved than telling you (showing you) where we live and how the new cottage looks.

I've enjoyed keeping my blog for many reasons, one of which is that writing about my life sometimes helps organize my thoughts. It's strange, but I sometimes notice that it takes me typing or talking out loud about something before I understand how I feel about it myself.

But before I can organize my thoughts at all and wrap my head around this new life that we've launched, I need to simply live without capturing it - yet. So, although I will continue to be here, I won't be posting for awhile.

In the meantime, I'll be checking in on you. Hope you're having a nice start to your autumn season, and that the cool night air gives you a great night's sleep.

17 comments:

LivingTheLife said...

OH, you will be missed...but I can just imagine how full your hands are these days...two small boys, new home, new location...new schools...lots going on...you are so wise to put your priorities in order, b/c you know most all of us will still be here...anxiously awaiting your return.

Enjoy...nesting...and getting to know your new home, along with making new and fabulous memories with your family!

blessings...
Teresa

Suburban prep said...

Hope all goes well while you are on your break.

jillskict said...

I think about you often and I hope you are all well, I think you are very courageous woman. I am too full of life right now to slow down to update, but I still check in on my "friends" and love to wish them well.

Cheers to you! Enjoy and capture every moment, but in your heart first.

Libby said...

You are very wise, my friend. Wishing you a beautiful and peaceful autumn in your new home. :)

J said...

Have a great fall! You will be missed!

tommie said...

Take the time you need, and know that you will be missed.

Until a later time...

happy fall

Maureen said...

I have enjoyed your blog so very much. I wish you all the best.
Warm thoughts,
Maureen

tulipmom said...

I completely understand. Wishing you a smooth adjustment and a happy autumn.

K said...

I completely understand. I will wait patiently to see your new cottage. I loved your old one and I am sure I will your new one. Take care.

becky said...

I have loved your blog since the beginning of time...that is the beginning of time when I was introduced to blogsville. I will be sad not to be reading all about your life, except for on occasion. But I certainly understand and know that this season will be a very special time for you and your family to adjust to your new surroundings!

Blessings!

hqm said...

hey meg! take all the time you need...i'll be here when you make your return!
besh wishes,
h.

Christy said...

Warm, warm wishes. We will all be patiently waiting your return. Hurry back!

The Cape House said...

And I had only just discovered you! Good luck with all of the changes and I hope to see you up and running again soon.

Unknown said...

I totally understand! :) Setting up a new house takes a lot of time and energy! Take all the time that you need! :)

Have a beautiful autumn! :)

Southern Mom said...

I will miss your blog, but understand being busy with 2 small children. I really admire your commitment to your son and family. Wishing you a wonderful fall!

Shabbee Chick said...

We will miss you! But totally understand! I will check back frequently to see if you've posted! Enjoy your break!

Esther Sunday said...

Just popping in from over at My Romantic Home - just browsed through your before and after pics of several of your rooms - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how they turned out!!! What an amazing difference. Really looks super.