Friday, July 13, 2007

taking bloom

Leucanthemum 'Becky'; Daisy; Long bloomer if spent blooms are removed

That's how our landscaping plan describes this sweet little plant. We have planted about 30-40% of what is on the plan so far, with a goal of completing most of our planting by the fall. This daisy plant went into the ground about 2 weeks ago and we have already seen a few blooms emerge. It's such a nice change from seeing nothing pretty in this space for so long.

Daisies have always been my favorite flower. They are so friendly and sweet, unpretentious and welcoming. Unfussy! I have a small bunch in a vase on my coffee table right now, they have been there for about 3 weeks. They last forever, don't they? Unfortunately, I don't see them at the grocery store very often. So it's a treat now. Inside and out, they're surrounding me...

So here we are...Friday again, how fast these weeks fly by in the summertime. What's going on this weekend? We have our 'to do' list - which includes sorting through stuff in our basement and figuring out what's going into the pile of things to sell next weekend at our garage sale. We have a whoooole lotta baby things to sort through. Part of me dreads it, but another part is so eager to just get rid of all the excess. Amazing how it all accumulates, right before your eyes.

Have a happy and fun weekend!

7 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Good Luck with the purge. It feels so great when you are done. :0)

Rosemary said...

I love daisies!
They are a happy flower.
Have a great weekend!
Rosemary

Michelle said...

I have a basement full of 3 years of "put it in the garage sale pile"! I have got to just bite the bullet and DO IT!

Carol Dunton said...

How can one go wrong with daisies??
sweet!

you're a busy girl! don't forget to sip some lemonaide on that charming back room of yours... : )

VB

Deb said...

I love daisies as well - they're my favourite flower too :-}

LivingTheLife said...

Gotta love those daisies...I think they are overlooked too often...b/c as you said...they last forever! How can you go wrong with something that stays looking great for 3 weeks plus...

Hey...I saw where you are doing the "olive oil" treatment on your hair...I posted earlier how my mom used to make me sit through that 2 x a year...you said you go to the pool a lot...I saw once if you go to the beach or pool often...it is good to actually wet your hair prior to getting in the pool...and another good thing to do if you weren't going to be in the pool that much...wet it...towel dry..and add conditioner...work in...comb...and slick back...you can also put your hair in a pony tail...something about leaving the conditoner in and all the sun...suppose to be a great combo...anyhoo...just some more words I read somewhere...maybe this will help, too!

SuburbanMom said...

Daisies are my favorite too - I've been planting them like crazy this summer!