Tuesday, June 17, 2008

washington hall

I am a proud graduate of Ohio University (the hot link there will take you to OU's website, specifically the virtual tour page. When you get a moment, I highly encourage you to take a look at one of the most beautiful college campuses in this country. Start on the "College Green" and go from there.)

When I was at OU I made a lot of friends. If you have read my blog for any amount of time you probably have an idea of what I'm like in real life. I like to meet and get to know people, hopefully my actions show that I like to meet and know a variety of people. The same was true when I was an undergraduate. When it came to meeting other people, I had plenty of opportunity and outlets in which to do it. There were a lot of student activities that I was involved in, and I branched out a bit. You know, a little of this, a little of that. I'm still the same way and still live the same kind of life. Which is why I tend to overbook myself sometimes, but now I'm going off on a tangent that doesn't have much to do with this post.

What does have to do with this post is the building situated in the picture at the top: Washington Hall. The building where I spent my freshman year and where I met my closest college friends. There are 7 of us in the group. Back at school we totally immersed ourselves in the goings-on at OU and between the pack of us, probably knew most of the undergraduate student population at school. Yet throughout our 4 years, and more telling, beyond, we never made closer friends than the ones we lived down the hall from in Washington.

Two of my special friends are coming to visit me this weekend, and I can't wait. Neither Lisa nor Betsy has ever seen my suburban town - the last time they saw my home my husband and I still lived in the city. Both of them live far away from me (and from each other), but we try to get together as often as we can, maybe every 6 months or so.

I will be busy making the Little Cottage look its best over the next couple of days, before my friends arrive. The forecast looks good and we have planned some special outings. It seems like we are destined to have a wonderful time, as we always have since our baby days back in the freshman dorm.
image signature

4 comments:

Millie said...

Enjoy the time with your college friends Meg. My dearest friends today are still the gals I met on my first day of Nursing School 35 yrs. ago. You know what they say about unity in times of adversity!
Millie ^_^

Michelle said...

Those are the best weekend!!! Life long friends with history to boot. Have a blast.

jillskict said...

Oh how FUN! I am sure they will LOVE the cottage and that it will look perfect. I am also sure there will be plenty of late nights catching up. Take plenty of pictures. I have had two events in the past couple of weeks and later said I didn't take ONE picture. . .

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Have fun! I met up with a few of my college friends a few years ago in Napa/Sonoma. We had a great time catching up. It was almost like no time had passed, you know! We might plan to do it again this year.

Enjoy! :)