Guess who's feeling better? I think he's nearly himself again. Some rest, maybe a nap this afternoon and a good night's sleep tonight should do the trick. Thank you for your nice comments and sending him those blogworld hugs. I'm sure that's what helped him turn the corner.
4. My hair doesn't grow but I'm trying. And let me tell you, I've been trying this for years. I'd like it to be about 3-4 inches longer than it is now. I'm always aiming for something longer than what I have. And it pretty much stays the same length. I have this theory that new hair just collects in the ringlets that are already going and so you can't see any changes. Why, just the other night my husband and I were looking at pictures from last summer and there was one of me. When I asked him whether my hair is longer or shorter than last year he said, I don't know...shorter? grrr.
5. In my senior year of college I was a student tour guide. It was a great job. Yes, a job! It paid $10/hr.
6. That was a big step up from the job I had when I was a senior in high school: Bob Evans hostess. I can still remember my schedule. Monday: 6 a.m. - 2 p.m., Tuesday: 7-3, Wednesday 8-4, Th 9-5. I think Sundays were mandatory for the whole staff. It paid $5/hr. Technically it was the summer after high school.
7. I'm good at setting the table. This was always my assigned task as a child. If you need to know where to put the salad fork or the bread plate, you can ask me. Better yet, ask Monogram Momma. She's a pro.
8. Tonight my cousin has invited me downtown to see The Color Purple. I am excited! Cousin, you ask? Yes, my mom's sister's daughter, who lives in another Chicago suburb. She is wonderful. Her mother, my aunt, is in town and will be there, too. I haven't seen the show yet, have not read the book, and never saw the movie. So I am very much looking forward to both the company and the production.