Wednesday, August 23, 2006

the gift of baking


It was my turn to thank a friend who had done a nice favor for me recently, so I made her this apple pie from a Paula Deen recipe. Thank you, Homedaisy, for your post about your cookies the other day, it inspired me to turn to my recipe box! I must confess that my cooking and baking has been almost nonexistant this summer. Most of the year I love to keep busy in the kitchen, but when it's warm out I tend to lose interest. The extent of my summertime cooking has been boiling water for my vegetable steamer and heating up the grill. But, that's why we love summer, right?

1 comment:

bethy said...

you do need to bake more cuz that is one beautiful pie!!

and lisa is right, the cookies are simple, simple. i am an impatient, sloppy cook. i don't know if i could do a pie. i'm glad i could inspire one though :)