Monday, August 28, 2006

still pretty

I had a group of women over on Friday night for wine, treats, and conversation. These are ladies who I've met through my oldest son and I don't see them often, just every other month or so, and we take turns gathering at one another's homes. For the occasion I bought lots of flowers and had them grouped together in little vases and containers like this throughout the downstairs. The flowers actually came home with me on Thursday evening, and look at how good they still look...! I wish I could write that I am one of those people who makes it a priority to always have fresh flowers around, but sadly, that is not the case. For one, I don't have a lot of table space, or counter space, or extra display space, really. Because I'm already committed to my nicknacks, extras (even flowers) can be difficult to place when they come home with me. Also, my youngest is still at the grab and destroy stage, and so everything that I do keep out must be kept out of reach from him. Still, I love seeing them in the house when I do buy them. And every time they're here I think, 'I really should get flowers more often!'

1 comment:

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Looks lovely.
I also had a party on Saturday and I love to have fresh flowers to brighten up the corners.
I found you through decor8.
Isn't it great to share ideas!