Tuesday, September 19, 2006

feels like october

Really, it does. I don't know what's going on. Today I have the heat on and my son wore a hooded sweatshirt & a fleece jacket to preschool. But yesterday I saw people relaxing in a swimming pool. No kidding! I saw bikinis.

Well, ok, let's roll with it. Whether this is a fluke, or September really is wrapping up this fast, it's time to get into the mode of autumn. Next trip to the grocery store I'm picking up ingredients for some favorite comfort food dishes, including chicken pot pie. This is a terrific recipe that I got from a friend, couldn't be any easier. If you don't already have an easy chicken pot pie recipe yourself, you'll love this:

1 (15 oz.) pkg. refrigerated pie crust
1 (15 oz.) can Veg-All brand mixed vegetables
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans condensed cream of potato soup
2 C. cooked diced chicken
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 375*F. Place bottom crust into pan as directed on package. Mix vegetables, soup, chicken, thyme, and pepper in large bowl. Pour into crust. Cover with top crust. Seal and vent. Bake for about 45 minutes to 55 minutes until lightly browned. Let sit about 10 minutes before serving.

Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

jillskict said...

I was just commenting to my boyfriend about how it is getting time for pot pie, this looks like a perfect recipe, thank you for sharing. My windshield was frosted over this morning!

Marissa said...

This sounds scrumptous, thank you for the delicious idea. And it is a much easier recipe than the one I had!

(It's chilly here too!)

Meg said...

Jilly, I can't believe you had a frosted windshield. Then again, I guess I can! I hope you enjoy the pie.

Meg said...

Marissa - nope, doesn't get any easier than this! Dontcha just love 'veg-all', too. So perfect for the days you want homemade but the clock won't allow it!