Tuesday, January 29, 2008

not long now

We're closing in on the end of January. How about that!

Today it is mild here - very mild - almost spring-like. The snow has melted and all the kids at school were dying to play in the mud. A preview of life in March-April...and it will be here before we know it.

I saw a woman I know at school when we were waiting to pick up the kids. Her son is in the same kindergarten class as mine. She is Irish, has lived here just a handful of years, and is going to Ireland this weekend for a family reunion. She said this weather reminds her so much of home. She said her mom said to her on the phone this morning, 'you better pack warm clothes to wear for your trip'. And we think this is balmy! We just laughed.

So anyway...enough talk about the weather.

These days I'm short on news, but everything is fine. Tonight is an open-house at school to celebrate the 100th day of the year. We are going over to see my son's artwork and look at all the festive things that the students have put together for us.

And did you see that cute tea cup and saucer up there? My youngest made this at his little kids day out program yesterday. Every week they do such creative crafts, but I think this one is my favorite. It even goes with the house!

Hope you have a great day, and that the sun comes your way soon.

6 comments:

Suburban prep said...

SO cute.
Pink, green and chocolate what more do you need.

Unknown said...

Hi Momma! I meant to comment the other day that I'm thrilled I made your list of things to look forward to! T-minus 3 weeks! Stay warm tonight!

Kellie said...

I love little craft! How cute!

Rosemary said...

Glad you are having nicer weather.
It's cold here for Southern California. Love the little teapot craft.
Have a great time at the open house.
I remember those like it was yesterday.
Rosemary

Christy said...

So, sososososo cute. I love it!

linda said...

too cute!