Thursday, November 09, 2006

arts & crafts

How crafty are you? Are you a scrapbooking queen who's the envy of the scrapbooking world? Are you a sewing goddess who can make her own pants? Do you knit? Do you quilt? Do you make your own greeting cards? Are you like my wonderful friend who makes darling party invitations? Have you resolved to give only homemade gifts this year for Christmas? If so, my hat's off to you.

I am a lot of things, but I am not crafty. I'm a creative thinker and problem solver. I love color and art and music. I like to find and replicate beautiful looks and ideas in my home. But I'm no Martha wannabe. That's just not me.

That said, I do love the idea of being crafty. I've tried to become a knitter. I've been told that sewing is easy but quite honestly, I struggle with reattaching buttons that pop off clothing. A dear friend invited me to her make-a-card party, and I was excited about doing it - but once there I thought the card making itself was a little hard. I don't think any of the other party guests thought that.

So, anyway,...here's my kitchen cart. This is very good for me! I followed the directions to the letter. They called for keeping the fabric tied to one side only, but I think I might try it with both sides tied. I also think a different tie might be cuter, like a ribbon. I even thought about gluing a little ribbon trim around the top.

All you crafty folks out there...you know who you are....what do you think? Could it be improved? How so? If you want, let me know what should be done. I must warn you, I will be needing step-by-step directions.

I'm just that kind of gal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg. I just wanted to say that you did a great job! You really did that project fast. I tend to spend more time in the planning phase!

Marissa said...

This turned out absolutely adorable! I wish I had room in my kitchen for one... I think you are MUCH more talented than you are giving yourself credit for - I love it!

Also, thanks for the mention ;)

Michelle said...

Very Fancy (fancy being the new word around here for very, very cute). You did a very good job...a very fancy one, indeed!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I think it's perfect! Looks great and very cute.

Meg said...

Well, you are all just so encouraging! Thank you for that!! Rereading my post I think I am coming off as being a little defensive about my skills (or, lack of :) That wasn't intended...sorry about that. When I get a chance to fool around with ribbon and maybe a new tie I will post another picture.

jillskict said...

I LOVE the fabric addition, VERY cute!