Sunday, November 26, 2006

peppermint patricias and other terrific treats

Happy Thanksgiving! I have been away from blogland for a few days and didn't anticipate how much fun it would be to come back and peek around at all of my favorite blogs. Thank you so much for stopping by mine last week and leaving your nice comments and Thanksgiving wishes. I told my husband the other day that I have "online friends", and I really meant it. What a world we live in where we can find friends through a laptop! I'm happy that's true.

It was a lovely holiday. Wednesday night there were 19 of us here in the L. Cottage, 10 big people and 9 kids ranging from 12-2. We had chili and beer, and my sweet sister in-law brought me a darling hostess gift, which made the night all the more fun (she's a serial gifter - always giving - and I've been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of things more than my fair share. Last year she brought me the glass jar there, which I had filled Wednesday afternoon with peppermint patties - 'peppermint patricias' as my best friend calls them - but somehow we didn't eat too many that night.) During the party I was burning this pretty candle that I had received from my brother and his girlfriend when they came to visit recently. If you're looking for a nice seasonal scent it is "Frosted Cranberry" from Bath & Body Works.

Thursday we were at my in-law's, the same group of 19. My work was over, all I had to do was show up, which was a treat. It was loud and fun, and my in-laws were happy to have all their kids and grandkids together. We had a great time.

Now it's time for Christmas! I am feeling very inspired by you guys and your decorating enthusiasm. This is early for me, but I am already starting to feel the Christmas spirit...

9 comments:

Nonie said...

Can't wait to see what you will be doing. You can take a look at my blog. I have posted some photos of my Christmas decor. (Still in the beginings)

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

It sounds like a very fun evening. I am still recovering from my Thanksgiving. We had 15 adults and 14 children and 34 pound turkey (gasp). Next weekend a cocktail party at our house. Heeeeeelp!

Clare and Mike said...

Hi! I've just found your blog via Daisy Cottage. You have a lovely home and I look forward to visiting again soon! Clare

Clare and Mike said...

Hi, I've just found your blog via the link from Daisy Cottage. You have a lovely home and I look forward to visiting again soon! Clare

Shelby said...

I enjoy checking in with my online friends too so much... your home is lovely and I can't wait to hear more of your decorating ideas, especially now at Christmas time.. take care :)

Deb said...

Love your glass jar filled with peppermint patties!

bethy said...

patricia patties - i love that! we missed you around here, but it sounds like you had a lot of fun with your family. i would much rather host beer/chili night than turkey day!

i was wondering if you heard this... my friend preppypotato ran into someone in our area that knows you. is that true? small world if it is. :)

bethy said...

meg and lisa,
well, i guess we really are friends!
i find this kind of amazing. :)

Susie Q said...

Your home is so glorious. I love your blog...thank you for it.

I am new at blogging but it has been such fun.

I will be a regular visitor here and am grateful to have found it.

Stay well...

All the best,
Sue