Wednesday, November 15, 2006

furniture preview


Thankfully everything went well with the equipment installation yesterday. So well, in fact, that the guys actually finished last night instead of this morning, like they had initially thought they would. I take their finishing early as a good sign. The guys were nice, the guys were courteous, the guys were quick. But, hopefully, I'll never ever have to see those guys again. No offense, guys! I felt the same way about the roofer and painter. Goodbye, and please, don't come back.

Now, on to something more interesting. This morning my youngest son and I headed out to the warehouse where the furniture is getting its face lift. I arrived camera in hand to check on the progress...in a somewhat anxious state of mind...because I was thinking, 'what if I don't like it??'. I always worry like that right before an unveiling (remember I went through that a little bit before my awning arrived.) But, good news! It's looking grand in that warehouse. The painter has to finish the antiquing, and we have settled on Monday afternoon as the delivery date. This is just in time! I am hosting my husband's side of the family on Wednesday night for a Thanksgiving Eve meal, and it just wouldn't be the same if we were sitting around a card table on rented chairs. This is will be much better. Much!

8 comments:

Maggie said...

The finish on your furniture looks great. Did they spray on the paint of did they use brushes? I want to have the doors to my kitchen cabinets repainted and wonder if it is best to air spray or brush. Anyway your funniture looks awesome.

Sharon said...

Looking forward to the pictures of the furniture after the return home. Glad it turned out so well.

Meg said...

Hi Gardengirl! The furniture was sprayed. I agree that it makes the finish look so even. Good luck with your project!

Meg said...

Thanks Sharon!

Deb said...

Your dining room will look amazing all dressed up for Thanksgiving. The antique paint finish is just gorgeous.

Jen Kershner said...

Oh, it is looking beautiful. I can't wait for the unveiling! I will be sitting at my computer all day Monday just waiting.;)

bethy said...

you can already tell it is going to be so, so pretty. i went and got two earring knobs yesterday - you know i couldn't resist!

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

OOOOooooh! Your sneak peak photo is absolutely gorgeous! I just love painted furniture and I think you made the right decision...it looks lovely!