Tuesday, November 14, 2006

whistle while you work

I switched to the new Blogger beta version over the weekend and I'm starting to think that was a mistake. Anyone else out there having trouble? My paragraph spacing isn't working and I keep running into problems logging in and other people logging in here. The only reason I did it was because I saw that Monogram Momma had new drop-down arrows in her archives section because of the beta version, and I thought it looked kind of neat. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to create drop-down arrows. This might have something to do with me not having labels on each of my entries, I'm not sure. If you know where I'm going wrong, give me a shout!


It's all things heating & cooling installation day at the Little Cottage. So far things seem to be going well. The truck pulled up around 7 this morning full of the new goodies to replace the old (that's the old air conditioner out on the lawn there - circa 1978.) We've had our heat off since then, so it's starting to get just a bit drafty in here, but the new heat should be pumping out tonight.

It's strange, but I'm not too concerned about this humongous purchase for our house. In some ways it's very comforting to know that we won't have to face this problem again (and, of course we're happy to throw out old stuff that could have caused some kind of health hazard.) We weren't looking to do this any time soon, but it's like ripping off a band aid. In the end we'll just be happy that it's done.
But, you know, I am also happy that I made my furniture plans before news of a major change out like this hit. Maybe that's why I'm not too sad about it. The fun that comes with a project like the furniture balances it out. Now, let's hope that furniture project ends up being all that I want it to be and more! Otherwise I might start singing a different tune.

3 comments:

Monogram Momma said...

Don't worry, Meg. It took me an entire weekend messing around with the beta version to figure it out. I had to email other bloggers to find out how they even categorized. When you switch, you also have to switch to a new template. So go into beta and move your site to a new template. They can make it look exactly like this one, but in order for everything to work properly you have to update that too. I'm by all means no expert as I'm still fumbling through it myself, but you can email me at monogrammomma@charter.net if you have any more quesitons and fingers crossed, I might be able to help you out.
Once the kinks are worked out you will LOVE the new version though, trust me!

Meg said...

Thanks for the help, MM! As you can see, I've been doing experimenting with the new template. You are right, it seems like it will make things easier in the long run. Problem solved!

Monogram Momma said...

Horray! Glad to help!