Thursday, November 30, 2006

batten down the hatches


Winter storm warning! That was the news headline here this morning. They say it will snow tonight and we could get as much as 9 inches. Now, at the risk of sounding cynical, I must say that it seems perfectly possible to me that we will wake up tomorrow and things will look just as they do today (dry.) I know I talk about the weather a lot. That's because I live in a place where everyone talks about it a lot. The weather is always changing, so it's always an acceptable conversation topic. No one really knows what will happen, so the forecasters always have us (mentally, if nothing else) prepared for the worst.

Even if nothing happens tonight, we'll get our share of snow this winter. We would miss it if we didn't. So it was time to put the trampoline away. The mat, that is. My husband darted out this morning before work to take it apart. Little son followed and pronounced the whole undertaking as "sad". We've been on the trampoline every nice day since we got it last spring, so it is kind of sad. But it will be fun to take it out again in the spring.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Meg,
Thanks for leaving a message on my blog. I found yours about a week ago and have enjoyed seeing the transition of your furniture. It looks beautiful! I plan on painting my bedroom furniture over my Christmas vacation.

Deb said...

Snow for December 1st ~ how perfect would that be!!
You could "replace" the trampoline with a nice big snowman.
Thanks so much Meg for you kind comments today ~ they mean so much to me.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Just like NH. If the weathermen sense snow you'd think the world was coming to an end. And usually they're wrong! We were 66 degrees today but supposed to be cold this weekend. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Monogram Momma said...

Send the snow my way, will you? We had about 2 hours of heavy snow last monday and this past week the temps have been in the high 60's. It's been crazy!

Shelby said...

stay safe! :)

Michelle said...

I can relate! DH and I still always discuss what we would be doing if we still lived in NY in prep for the winter. We do still have our snowblower in the basement. When the movers here unloaded us they didn't know what it was. DH brought it here so that if we get a inch or two he could go all around the yard and blow the snow into it so the children would actually have something to play in!!! LOL

Marissa said...

Oh the boys may miss the trampoline, but they will LOVE playing in the snow - until March!