Wednesday, October 11, 2006

catching z's


This is my older son's room. This is where he's supposed to sleep. I may be biased, but I think his room looks comfortable. I'm not 4, but I think if I was I would like to come in here at night and stay asleep for at least 10 hours.

We've been having sleep issues with our little guy over the past several weeks, and in fact this afternoon I'm taking him to the pediatrician about it. He's been waking up in the middle of the night and is unable to get back to sleep. Hard to believe this is the same little boy, who as an infant would sleep so deeply that we would have to prod and poke him a bit to rouse him! Needless to say, I hope that this is just one of those phases, and that we're all able to sleep better....soon.

6 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh, the kids not sleeping thing is really the pits. I hope the ped was able to offer some helpful advice.

Marissa said...

I want to crawl in there right now!

Meg said...

You guys are nice. And I'm happy to say that we had a successful visit to the doctor yesterday. I am armed and ready to get this kid back on track during the night!

bethy said...

it is so hard to know what is real and what is drama isn't it? around here bad habits start fast, especially after a "sick week". you know, you give up the rules when they are sick and then trying to get back in the routine - ahh!

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

his room looks wonderful to me too! I hope you get his sleeping thing figured out - there is nothing worse than night after night of interrupted sleep... I've been dealing with that for years between the boy, the dogs and the cat. Not to mention the insomniac hubby.

I'm wondering if you changed the direction of the bed right before the sleep issues started? It may sound strange, but I had a feng shui person in and she calculated the best directions for beds and desks and reading chairs, etc for each person in the house. It seems to have made a difference for my son. He sleeps through the night most nights in this new house with his bed going the right way.

Now if there was only some way to get the dogs feng shui'd so they don't get up all hours of the night...

Meg said...

Pam - thanks for the suggestion about furniture placement. I have found that our sleeping problem appeared out of nowhere...and it seems to be gradually fading away, so hopefully things will be resolved soon. Interesting about the feng shui approach, though. I can honestly say that I've thought a lot about what could be causing our trouble, but that didn't occur to me!!