Monday, October 09, 2006

stop and smell the flowers


Nothing could top the weather this weekend! It was the most beautiful autumn weekend I can remember here. Just gorgeous, and just right for my out-of-town guests who were here to help celebrate the big 2nd birthday.

We visited the pumpkin patch on Saturday and came upon this gigantic arrangement of mums. It was fun poking through the pumpkins and finding ones that looked right for each of us. We even saw a number of green pumpkins, which I admit I have never really paid attention to until I read about Homedaisy's son wanting one (Homedaisy - how far would you be willing to travel next year for a green pumpkin??) :)

And so that was the weekend. The new week brings with it more painting (yep, still going) - and I'm hoping our painter finishes soon. There's a chance of snow on Thursday. Yikes!

P.S. Here's the red door. We love it!

6 comments:

bethy said...

where do you live?

:)

Meg said...

I live in the midwest. Whether that's good or bad news for you, Homedaisy, I'm not sure, since I don't know where you live, either...

Jo - thanks!

Amy said...

I LOVE your door. We just painted ours purple (getting a new one next year so we are having fun).

I wanted a red door but our house is a yucky green color and it would look like christmas all year round ;)

bethy said...

north carolina, where in the midwest? probably too far for a green pumpkin, but was just wondering :)

Meg said...

We live in IL.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I can't remember how I found your blog, but I love your style especially since we both have RED doors! Mine is on my blog too. Not sure how far back, not I think it's Sept or Oct postings.