Tuesday, October 10, 2006

a cozy corner


It's fascinating how our painter keeps working and working, but there's not much new to see. It must be the tiniest details that are taking up his time, I'm not sure. He's up on the roof right now. I have no idea what's going on up there. Thank goodness we are not paying him by the hour. Who'd have thought that a job estimated to take 1 week could stretch out so?

Apart from roofing work, it's a quiet day here. A little cool, a little cloudy. Perfect for curling up with a good book or a new catalog. This is where I curl when I can. My doggie tray table holds a surprising amount of stuff. No fears about balancing a drink here, or a dinner plate for that matter. Today it is handling all my reading material. Right now I'm trying to get through The Time Traveler's Wife. A friend and I were just talking about our struggles with this book. I expected to be swept up by it in the first few pages, but it's taking awhile. I'm trying to get through it for book club. Did you like it? You probably loved it. Everyone seems to, so why not me?

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I really loved the book... but don't try to relate dates and figure out timing and age of the characters - this will drive you mad! Just follow the story and it will all fall in place... I wish I were in your Reading Corner right now, it looks so inviting ;)

bethy said...

i don't love any book right now, too many distractions with little ones...and blog reading!