Friday, October 27, 2006

homecoming


I've mentioned a couple of times that my husband travels for work. He started a project in April that had him traveling 5 days a week. He would leave each week on Sunday afternoon and come home late Thursday night, after the boys went to sleep. He is not a consultant and we were definitely not used to that kind of travel. It was a difficult adjustment for all of us. My older son's sleeping problems started during this time, and I don't think it was a coincidence. I think part of the reason I started this blog is that I wanted to keep a little photo log going from home so my husband could see how we were getting along without him. We were fine, but we missed him terribly!

Now he's home. Home for good! The project is over. Last night was the last Thursday night arrival after a long day of rental cars, airport food, and flight delays. From now on he stays here, and that's just how it should be. We are so thrilled to have him back. Everything is just better when we are all here together.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

My husband used to travel weekly and only be home on weekends. It was a long season for all of us! I am so glad yours had ended and there will be more family time.

Anonymous said...

Nothing better then having the family together and I am sure you will once again all your time together for good. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy.......

Anonymous said...

Meg,
I feel your pain. My husband travels every 4 to 6 weeks and is gone for about 3 nights and I can't stand it. This family just doesn't work without him. As sad as it makes me, I feel even more sorry for the women I know who are glad when their husbands leave town.

Glad you have your family back together.

Suburban prep said...

I know that it was hard on you being the "single" caretaker of young children but now with the gang back you will have your family back.
Enjoy!